Monday, February 8, 2010

The Worldwide Adventures of the Flat Sisters!

Hi Vintage Moms!

Remember way back when we had our "kick off" for the Old School Monday 2009-10 homeschool year? It was at the end of the summer, and some families brought displays of what they had done that summer? (hint: we will do this next year too!) And do you remember we started doing some geography at OSM and I was introducing the idea of "Flat Stanley" and suggesting we all consider doing them to help our kids continue the whole travel/adventure/geography thing?

WELL! I never did. I wanted to do it, and just kept putting it off. Until now! A few weeks back a new cousin by marriage sent us HER flat stanley, and that was the impetus I needed to get us underway! So, without further ado. . .

THE TRAVELING FLAT SISTERS!

I am posting this in the hopes that it may be inspiring to you all as well. Look at the fun things you can do with this project! The Flat Sisters have their own travel blog!!! Not only will I be posting pics of the Flat Sisters on their worldwide adventures--I am hoping the blog will encourage people to send pics to us!--but I will also be encouraging the girls to write stories about adventures the Flat Sisters are having, and post them on the site too. (Had the idea last night when we were in the car for several hours and G told us a story about the Flat Sisters going to Haiti!) I also might have the girls make little reports about the different places the Flat Sisters visit, and then post them there too. The idea is just to make it fun and interactive!

So, this is your opportunity to jump in on the fun! Please consider starting some travelling flat people with your kids this Spring--it is not too late!

If you want to share the Flat Stanley books with your kids, I am sure the library has them, or we were just given the whole set and can share!

Here is a great website to read before you make your Flatties.

And if you want any help making a blog (free!) for your Flatties, I would be glad to walk through it at some OSM.

Jump on into the adventure!

No comments: