Saturday, October 23, 2010

Need costuming help!

Hi Vintage Moms!

Ok, my local friends, I have to outfit my girls for Halloween and their roles in the Annie musical next month.  I have a list of the things we need, and am hoping some of you might be able to loan us some of them. : )

For Halloween, my girls were inspired by their LitWits Workshop on The Secret Garden, and so Gwynneth wants to be Dickon, Meredith wants to be Martha, and Bronwyn wants to be Mary in her nightclothes (like when she first meets Colin).  I am so pleased with their ideas, and yet realized I should have set about finding their outfit pieces sooner.  But this is the first year they did not just go to the dress-up box and make something from that, so I am unused to the need to plan ahead! 

And then Gwynneth and Meredith will be Miss Farrell and an orphan/White House butler for the play.

So if any of you have the following, I would be greatly appreciative:

*White apron/pinafore (approx size 6-8)
*newsboy or other tweed cap (not contemporary styled--think Yorkshire)
*boy's tan or brown or green vest
*brown well-worn boy boots (approx size 1? too big is fine)
*boy's jacket/blazer/sportcoat with pockets--can be tweed or wool, or any tannish/brown color, as long as it is not too nice looking (think old-fashioned outdoorsy boy)
*white or beige boy button-down shirt, old is great!
*heeled dress shoes approx size 1-2
*girl leather (or faux) boots, preferrably brown but black ok too, size 10-11
*old-fashioned candle holder (the kind you carry, brass maybe--Mother Goose looking)

Can anyone help with any of these?  Thank you!

No comments: