Saturday, September 22, 2018

FL: A Brief Encounter with Key West

After we got off the boat from our Dry Tortugas trip we were ready to head back to the campsite--but first, dinner in Key West.

I must say, traveling with a smart phone is so helpful. I just looked up restaurants within close walking distance of the dock, and chose the one that sounded the best. 


A fairly new Caribbean-Latino restaurant. 


A beautifully designed patio to shelter us from the heat and still intense late-day sun.






And chickens.


 Roasted, herbed & spiced corn on the cob. Ohhhhhhhhh, sooooooo gooooood. I'm going to try to replicate this at home.

We shared huge bowls of beans, rice & veggies--so yummy. Oh, so perfect of a way to wrap up such a fantastic day!

Salty and boat-blown hair--but all that matters is the huge smiles.

(My parents might have a pic of all of us, on my dad's phone--a friendly local who was getting carry-out from the restaurant offered to take one for us. I'm sure we will all share photos at the end of the trip, to see who captured moments I did not--all my girls have their own cameras too, and you may have noticed I sometimes ask them if they have an image to help fill in a gap in my photo record. : )

After dinner we went back to the campground, put back on our wet swimsuits for late-night swimming in the pool (where we met and chatted with a woman who homeschooled her kids and is now a homeschool co-op teacher!), showered, and finally--happy and tired--hit our bunks.



No comments: